Aggressively Fighting for Your Rights
Employers do not always treat their employees fairly. Wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination are still rampant problems in the U.S. workforce. Employees often feel helpless to fight back in these situations, but that is far from the truth. Workers and unions have fought long and hard to establish workers’ rights laws in this country. If you bring a legitimate complaint against an employer, there are laws that protect you from possible retaliation from your place of employment.
If you believe you are the subject of unfair treatment at work, it is of the utmost importance that you discuss the situation with a knowledgeable employment lawyer. As intimidating as it may seem to take action against your employer, you have rights. No one should be taken advantage of by an employer, and our attorneys are committed to fighting for workers’ rights.
Our lawyers in Los Angeles help workers resolve issues involving:
- Breach of Employment Contract - We can help you protect your rights and pursue damages in contractual disputes
- Discrimination - Our team can help you fight discrimination in the workplace and the wrongful actions of employers
- Family and Medical Leave - If your FMLA claim was wrongfully denied or you have been the victim of other FMLA violations, reach out to us right away
- Harassment & Sexual Harassment - Workplace harassment is illegal, whether sexual or otherwise, and we can help you recover damages in these cases
- Wrongful Termination - If you have experienced wrongful termination or constructive dismissal, our team can represent you against your employer
- Wage and Hour Law - You deserve to be paid for your earned wages and overtime, as well as take meal and rest breaks, and our lawyers can hold your employer responsible for wage violations
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secret Litigation - Non-compete agreements are unlawful in California, and if your employer is still attempting to hold you to such an agreement, we can work with you
- Retaliation - Our attorneys will help uphold your right to report the wrongful actions of your employer, and we will work to fight resulting illegal retaliation
Denial of Severance Benefits $590,000
Age Discrimination $650,000
Breach of Contract – Bench Decision $469,677
Sex/Religious Harassment $850,000
At the Law Offices of Scott R. Ames you are in good hands.